Alternative to Google Search Appliance
Cludo was originally built as an alternative to the Google Search Appliance (GSA). The main pain-point with the GSA was the lack of flexibility. Yes, you had the option to tweak the GSA, but that required expensive consultants.
At Cludo, we want to equip the marketers and webmasters with the right instruments to put them in charge of their search engine. Our focus is to provide easy-to-use tools along with a simple, customizable setup, so you can give your users a richer search experience.
Some of the features we provide are:
- Synonyms - If your customers want to search for kids, but describe them as children, they might not be finding what they need. With the synonym function, you can make sure that a search for kids will also return results for children, as well as other words of a similar meaning.
- Spell corrections – We all make spelling mistakes, but that shouldn’t limit your users from finding results from their searches. We automatically detect and correct spelling mistakes.
- Banners – With banners you can promote content directly from your search by placing them with prominence in the results.
- Analytics – If you know what your customers search for, you can help improve both your search engine and your website content. With Cludo you get to view detailed statistics about your user searches through a user-friendly dashboard.
- Engines – Even if you lack the technical expertise, you can still tweak the relevance of your search solution by boosting certain pages and demoting others. So, if you are a manufacturing company for example, you can lower the value of all your news articles, and boost the relevance of your products.
- Quicklinks – With Quicklinks, you can direct users straight to a page without them having to visit the search result page first. For example, you can set it up so a search with the term waste automatically takes you to the waste management page.
- API – Push data to us, or use our crawlers - it is your choice. You also have the option to do role-based and personalized searches through the API.
- Personalization – With Cludo, you have the option to personalize the search experience to the different users you have.
- Support – We live by our happy users, and we are only a phone call away. Support is included in all subscriptions.
Our beautiful mobile-friendly and easy to use dashboard:
Commonly asked questions:
Q: Is Cludo a hardware appliance you need to setup locally?
A: No, Cludo is a cloud-based solution. This means that you don’t have to worry about uptime, upgrades to the solution and sudden traffic spikes which requires you to purchase more hardware.
Q: Can Cludo work with secure content like intranet solutions?
A: Yes, we can filter searches based upon roles. You can add secure content by either providing login access to our crawler, or by pushing the data directly to our search engine, through our API. See an example
Q: How is the setup process?
Q: How much control will I have over the system?
A: We understand that you know what is best for your website. Therefore, we offer you full control over the search, no developer intervention needed. All can be done through our user-friendly dashboard. This means that you can tweak the features such as boost pages, promote pages, editing terms in the synonym and auto-correct functions and more.
Q: Can we search in multiple data-sources at a time?
A: Yes, it is possible to search multiple data-sources by combining the use of our data-crawlers with the push API. You will be able to combine data from legacy sources using e.g. our crawlers and use our push API for newer solutions.
Q: Can we modify the design ourselves?
A: For most solutions, we do the design for our customers. It means that we maintain the design, and if changes need to be done you can just call us, and we will do it for you. If you have a IT department whom you'd prefer to change the design, they can do that as well.
Q: Which languages do you support?
A: We currently support Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Brazilian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cjk, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Persian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Sorani, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Thai. Of course, more languages can be added upon request.
Q: How much will it cost?
A: Since every site is different, we aim to give each customer a completely personalized experience based on their needs and what they want to achieve out of their site. If you would like to know what we can do for you, just request for a free demo, no strings attached.
Q: What about support?
A: Our service includes both email and phone support so there are no extra charges involved. If you have any issues, you can just give us a call and have us deal with it right away.